2011年10月29日 星期六

HK Wine & Dine Festival 2011


Sorry for blogging in my poor English this time because I found that it is very difficult to use Chinese words to describe Wine, which is supposingly the highlight of this article.


It is my pleasure to obtain a free Grand Wine Pass in this year.  Said pass includes a Riedel Wine Glass, six glass of wine and various snacks.  It seems that it should be a good deal if the wines and foods included are in my satisfaction.


Let me introduce what I drank and ate in that night as follow:-


Champagne boizel Brut Millesime - Fine and Persistent Bubble, Fruity and Flowery Aroma, Quite Acidic but balance at the end.


Treated myself some carrot with black truffle sauce and white truffle cheese after the champagne, where they are from booth G35. The carrot carries sufficient aroma of black trufflebut the taste is…not very good, while the white truffle cheese is no good at all.


El Linze 2008 from Tierra de Castillo, made from pure Syrah with medium tannin and medium acidity. It also carries rich fruity smell and noticeable spiciness.


Food from Booth G1 – I am not sure what this cheese is, but the cheese is somewhat like Parmigiano-Reggiano. Its texture is a bit hard but contains a lot of powder. However its taste is way better than the one from booth G35. The Ham is quite good as well.


Palmer Australia 2008 Shiraz – A winery in the region of Margaret River in Western Australia. This winery has no relationship with Palmer de la France. The smell is quite aromatic like Shiraz did, but the body is unexpectedly thin but fortunately with multiple layer of tannin.


Lapostolle Clos Apalta 2008 from Colchagua Valley – Vinified with three types of grapes including Carmenere, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot. This winery was awarded and so-called the best in its 2005 vintages in Wine Spectator, but what I drank was the 2008 vintage that night. The wine is quite balanced with its great fruity flavour. Personally believes that the body is from medium to full, but the tricky part is its herb-like spiciness.


Chateau Paper Clement 1994 from Pessac-Leognan, Bordeaux – the eldest wine I tasted that night! While its colour is comparatively thinner than the previous wine, its acidity is quite high and is with a little herbal fruity flavour. However I dislike its finishing with leaving a note of bitter taste on my taste bud. It is probably because the wine had not been decanted enough. Finally I proved it! The wine had just been opened for 1 hour without using any decanter. Oh!!


The last piece of ham is from Booth No. G9. I had waited for this piece of ham for almost half hour! Gosh..! Its taste is rich with sufficient amount of oil, so that a savoury flavour with a layer of pig oil was left in the buccal cavity. The taste is quite good indeed but the texture is just so so.


Anselmann Edesheimer Forst Riesling Eiswein Pfalz 2005 – A German White Wine made of Riesling with both high acidity and sugar content. Its taste is quite balanced while the smell is flowery like, almost perfumed.


Due to the high sweetness of that German wine, I therefore decided to finish it with the macaron from Paul Lafayet . However, they are obviously a wrong match-up at all because the taste of that macaron is pure chocolate. I also found that the macaron of Paul Lafayet is not as good as I expected.  I personally prefer the one from Jean Paul Hevin.

Wine Bottle Designed by Vivienne Tam

It was an enjoyable night. The event is like a big Carnival that brought a lot of fun to us. I however found that the coupon for grand wine pass is too expensive to me.


Finally, I would also like to recommend the organizer to invite jazz music player or other soft band to give performance instead of local pop singer. I am not complaining the local singer but just feel that the former one would be more appropriate in such atmosphere.

Nevertheless, the Festival will be ended on 30th October 2011. If you guys have not been to there. It is worthwhile for a visit at least!

沒有留言:

張貼留言